Saturday, September 4, 2010

Assignment #1 - Your Introduction

Each assignment will have it's own separate blog post. Mainly that is so that you can find them easily when you scan the blog listings on the right.

This first assignment has several components, but since you have a week it'll be a piece of cake right? Here's what I'd like you to do. I will only be grading you on a few of them.

1. Find your cameras instructions and read them. Become familiar with your camera (nongraded).

2. Create a blog (nongraded...but if you don't do it you can't turn in anything else to me...).

3. Find an article in the popular media that has photography as one of it's main components or as it's sole component. Place a link to the story on your blog and be prepared to talk about it during class. We may or may not talk about everyone's article. This will be something that I ask you to do occasionally. (graded)

4. Shooting assignment - shoot one roll of 36 exposure film. The subject matter can be whatever you choose, but the theme and message of the images needs to be a window into your life. Let us know who you are. Let us see what you care about. What makes you tick as a person. What makes you...YOU. Have fun with this and yes, you are opening up a window onto your life. Get over it. This is an art class. You will be showing us personal things for each critique...this is part of being an artist. (graded)

Bring this roll of film with you to class next Saturday and be prepared to process it. I will go over the entire procedure and you will have time to practice loading your film into the processing tanks. Loading your film WILL BE TRICKY. Be prepared to struggle with it...also be prepared to learn how to do it right.

See you next saturday!

Oh, remember you can always e-mail me at sladephoto@yahoo.com.

:)

2 comments:

  1. It's a good that that I am a semi-rough person (my personality). I am open to criticism and take others opinions with a grain of salt. I guess I chose the right field! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question...Did you mention that you would add Assignment #2 on here as well?

    ReplyDelete