Saturday, October 9, 2010

Assignment #5 - Fall Break

Ok gang, here is your Fall Break assignment...

Free subject matter...

Technical requirements...

Shoot two rolls.

One of the rolls I want you to shoot very quickly. Don't put too much thought into the composition. Don't put too much thought into the exposure. Just really try to do a free-thinking roll where you just go with the flow. Try and shoot this roll in under an hour...more like 45 minutes.

On the other roll I want you to do the exact opposite. Take 2-3 days to shoot it. Be VERY methodical and VERY slow. Put a LOT of thought into EACH composition. Watch the background. Pay attention to the sky not being distracting. Pay CRITICAL attention to focus and depth-of-field. Make sure your exposures are perfect. Think about what each frame MEANS. What stories are you trying to tell? What questions do you want me to ask? What do you want me to FEEL when I look at these images.

We will get together and critique your assignment #4 (a quick critique...we may not talk about everyone's images), and then you will be able to process your film from Fall Break. I want to see two prints from EACH roll of film the next Saturday. Yes, this will require you to come in and bust your tails.

Have a great break...I am excited to grade your work and see how you have done thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment